Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 5, 2019

An Anxious State

Today is Sunday.

I spent this morning sitting up in bed watching youtube videos to work out what method of paint pouring I wanted to spend my day attempting.

It was 1pm when I finally made my decision, excitedly got up, changed into daggy paint clothes and announced to Adoring Husband as I opened the blinds and slid the windows open ...

"I am going to open all the windows to let fresh air into the room so that I don't suffocate on paint fumes while I create art."

Within five minutes he was outside starting up the whipper snipper.

😳

Chopping up the grass. Raising the dirt and dust.

I slammed the windows shut.

I cursed like a wharfie.

I moved myself to the lounge room feeling resentful that I now had to wait, not just until he finished mowing, but until the dust settled.

So I found a movie and a big packet of crisps and sat down to enjoy some emotional eating for an hour!

I should have spent the entire day there because my resentment obviously remained in my body and there was no love in the art that I created ...


Disappointment.

So I headed to my fifth favourite place in the house ... the kitchen ... and made a meatloaf and a spaghetti bolognese sauce.

Roz's favourite places in the house:

  1. The pool area
  2. The bedroom
  3. The lounge room
  4. The art space/dining room
  5. The kitchen
  6. The family room
  7. The toilet
  8. The bathrooms
  9. Bedroom two
  10. Bedroom four
  11. The laundry
  12. The ironing room/bedroom three
Ok, it's after 10pm and I'm off to bed because tomorrow is Labour Day and I will be opening the shop for four hours.


I promise to focus on happier thoughts tomorrow and not be so petty about such small things. I will act like a grown up instead of like a spoiled child.

Nite all.  

No comments: