Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Middle Day

I was inspired to begin creating my online health challenge today, which I hope will also be a weekly workshop in our training room.

I watched a video on how to move forward with my ideas, took lots of notes, made lists, ran out of paper, worked out some logistics and some content and then sought some advice on which platform to create the challenge.

Who knew that there were so many choices for designing and creating online courses and challenges?  The costs involved also varying on many different levels.

I have some research to do and some decisions to make, but I HAVE made a start.

Adoring Husband drove into The Bay while I was busy and then phoned to say that the plumber was coming today to fix the new toilet that came loose.

Luckily he didn't arrive until after AH returned home, but I took all my electronic devices and paperwork to the pool area with the psychotic dogs so they wouldn't go ... psychotic ... when the plumber turned up.

I waded knee deep into the icy waters of the pool. Too cold to go any further than that, but it certainly got the blood circulating!

At 4.30pm it was time to come inside because the midgies were on the bite.

AH and I watched a movie and he had brought a cooked roast pork home from Woollies. I have to say that it was delicious! Very tender and full of flavour. We only had salad to serve with it, but it didn't matter.

I am off work tomorrow and The Motivator has already started rearranging the shop to make room for our new stock, so it's all beginning to happen at The Happy Abode.

It's 10pm and I believe my brain needs to rest now.



Nite all.

No comments: