Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Saturday is Super

I drank a cup of tea at the art class last night. Drinking tea at 9pm is NOT a good idea.

The last time I looked at the clock, it was well after 1.30am and I certainly didn't fall asleep immediately after that.

Surprisingly, I woke five minutes before the alarm went off this morning, at 5.50am and I was alert and fresh to start the day! Weird.

I was in the shop by 7.30am clearing what we had left in the training room on Friday afternoon, so that The Motivator had a clean room to commence her class.

There was still lots of stock to unpack and price and display. Other stock to re-price and re-display. Other displays to fill with stock. Clothing to price and move onto a different rack.

There are so many empty spaces now that we have moved furniture and stands around and it's tricky finding the right spot for the right items.

There was a steady flow of customers through the day and our takings were better than most Saturdays which was satisfying.

The Motivator held a great workshop for paint pouring with some fantastic results ... I was inspired to come home and make my own art...


After work, she headed home so that she could attend a big concert in The Bay with a bunch of excellent old bands and some excellent old friends.

AH and I sat in the pool area for a while, I in my egg chair which has been removed from the shop and I don't even think AH actually sat down. He cleaned the pool with the scoop net because we had a really windy night and there were a few stray grasses from the Bali hut floating around and a couple of leaves.

The psychotic dogs always get excited when we go into the pool area. No idea why but they run outside to the gate wagging their tails and jumping up and down waiting for me to open it. It's not like they go into the water or do anything exciting.

After I did my art, we sat in the lounge room to watch Super Saturday football, which has been enjoyable. AH had a simple crispy skinned chicken and salad for dinner. I wasn't hungry.

It's now 8.15pm and I am off to bed to hopefully catch up on the sleep I missed last night. I haven't had any caffeine since 11am so there should be nothing in the system to keep me awake. Wish me luck.

Nite all.  

No comments: