Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 6, 2019

Labouring the Day

I have to say that today was hard work!

I opened the shop from 9am - 1pm and it was pretty quiet - unlike Sunday which was, apparently, almost as busy as Easter!

The first two hours today were ok because a steady flow of customers came through the door, but the last two hours were the slowest ever.

I could barely keep my eyes open and I was counting the minutes until I could come home and put my feet up!

Adoring Husband dropped me at work because I was running late and so he returned to pick me up and helped me close the shop ... as he does. We did some grocery shopping and I came home to lay in my recliner chair.

I didn't want to sleep this afternoon because the last time I tried that trick, it was after 1am by the time my body was ready to sleep again.

The Gypsy was booked out today so we didn't get to chat much.

Aside from that, it was a glorious day outside! The sun was shining. The birds were singing. The air was clear and cool.

Adoring Husband was feeling the cold weather this morning. He tells me that it was 13ΒΊc outside but I still had the fan going and had the windows open. I thought the weather was perfect, especially for sleeping.

Now, it's 7am and I'm ready for sleep. It would be terrible to get my second wind!

To BGWLBH who is too far away to celebrate her birthday with properly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  I raised a glass of cool filtered water to 'cheers' you today πŸ‘ΌπŸ» πŸ•Š πŸ’ πŸ₯‚

To Grannymus, I hope that you are recovering well from your surgery and are feeling healthier and stronger by the minute.

To Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour, congratulations on successfully preparing my crispy skinned chicken for dinner yesterday.

To my brides in Melbourne, thank you for loving the photos that I finally finished and sent to you in April and thank you for being so patient with me!


To Adoring Husband, thank you for being you.




I am respecting my body and going to bed.

Nite all.
 

No comments: