Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Energy Plus

There is no logical reason for my lethargy yesterday.

Today was completely different and I had energy to burn.

I did my kinergetic exercises before I got out of bed ... which for the first time in about ten days, I forgot yesterday! Perhaps that's why my energy levels were so low?

I also did a ten minute energy meditation before I rose.

Good thing I did because it was a hectic morning!

I checked the mail while I was ordering my coffee and found two parcel slips. One needed to be "returned to sender" because it was from a company whose order we had cancelled back in February, but they decided to charge our card and send the package anyway.

They received some stern words in an email from me and they apologised promising to refund our money as soon as we returned the goods. How rude!

So I had to use a trolley to take the other big box of stock, which I knew was Go Girl clothing, to our shop and parked it in the training room while I enjoyed morning coffee with the girls. After a while, The Motivator opened the box so that everybody could have a look and try things on.

We sold two tops (or four, if you count the two that The Motivator and I bought!). Almost the entire morning was filled with half a dozen ladies trying on clothes left right and centre and the rear of the shop looked like a tornado had gone through it by the time we finished.

In the middle of all that, another lady arrived for a pre-arranged appointment (which we had obviously forgotten) to show us her home made hats - she is a Milliner - which were very colourful and very well made. So we accepted her offer and took them on consignment.

Then the little fruit and veg man arrived with his esky of goodies. I purchased some Roma tomatoes from him.

The last of the ladies left the shop at 11am.

TM and I hung half of the clothes on one of the new clothes racks and stored the others in our new drawers.

We placed the newly constructed cube cupboard (TM constructed it before I arrived this morning) in position and put together the drawers that went with it.

We screwed together the IKEA hat rails ready for Adoring Husband to attach to the walls some time this week.

Then it was time for me to leave - around 12.30pm - so that AH and I could drive into town to run some errands, including restocking some art supplies for both the shop AND myself.

I was keen to get started on some art when I got home because I wanted to try my first triptych and this is the result ...


I quite like it.

I'm wondering if there will ever be a day that I am absolutely over the moon happy with something that I do. We are our own worst critic but I still have a lot to learn and I reckon it will take a lot of practice before I start producing fabulous art, if ever.

I love doing it so I'll continue to do it until I no longer enjoy it.

Our dinner was leftover meatloaf with sweet potato mash and zucchini. I made a chilli mushroom sauce to go with it.

Tomorrow is my day off and I'm considering whether to attend meditation in the morning or whether to stay in bed and enjoy the coolness of the morning air.

I'll decide in the morning.

Nite all.

No comments: