Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Halfway There

I had left my phone at work yesterday, but didn't realise it until 10.30pm by which time Adoring Husband was asleep so I couldn't get to the shop unless I wanted to ride the trike in the cold darkness.

The problem with this dilemma is that my evening meditation is on an app on my phone. The same meditation on the same app on my iPad asks for payment, to which I wasn't agreeable.

I searched for another meditation and found one that seemed appropriate, but the change of voice, music and guidance took me out of my relaxed comfort zone and I just couldn't relax enough to fall asleep until well after midnight.

I set my alarm on the iPad, which didn't go off, so I was lucky that Adoring Husband brought my celery juice in at 6am and I woke when he came into the room.

I felt a bit discombobulated after a poor night of sleep so it took a while to gather my wits and prepare for work.

Meditation was amazing, as always, and we had eleven in attendance. The time went quickly and everybody had something to share so there was lots of discussion and we went over time, but everybody left with a big smile on their face.    

There still seemed to be a strangeness in the air ... for me.

Visitors were high but sales were low.

Everybody comes through the doors gasping with the surprise of finding such a fabulous shop in this neck of the woods. They wander around for ages and always make a point of commenting about the beautiful 'things' and the calming atmosphere and how lucky I am to be working in such pleasant surroundings.

But they don't spend any money.

This has been a strange occurrence since the school holidays finished.

Don't get me wrong. There are always days here and there where this happens, but rarely does it happen so many days in a row, like I've rewound the day before and replayed it.

Groundhog Day!

At least The Gypsy and I got to catch up in the morning. She was fully booked out for the remainder of the day so I got to be productive for the afternoon.

I was home by 3.30pm and because Adoring Husband restocked some of my art supplies today, I played around with some paint ...




... the results were a bit disappointing, but it felt good to play after work.

I'm definitely having an early night and I'm looking forward to my favourite meditation to put me to sleep.









Nite all.

No comments: