Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 20, 2019

Quietly Does it

The combination of today being a Monday and some crazy heavy intermittent showers kept people in their homes today and certainly NOT in The Happy Abode!

Aggie was the first person to walk through the door today, so we took advantage of the 'quiet' and she led me through my Nutrimetics website, explained a few things and we watched an educational video so that I could register for my gift.

So I have signed up to be a consultant for Nutrimetics, but I'm not certain how involved I want to be. I like the idea of having signage in the shop so that people can come to us to order their products or perhaps have a gathering in our training room every now and then.

Since I don't have a driver's licence, I don't think it's feasible for me to attend homes for parties, so my involvement will probably be limited.

I am looking forward to adding to my own Nutrimetics collection.

Only three customers today. One of them was a visitor who has lived and travelled on a yacht for the last four years and will continue to do so indefinitely. She looked and sounded very happy and very healthy.

I spent some time paying bills and setting up a couple of orders for the near future ... especially the linen clothing line because there are only four pieces remaining from the last order.

Adoring Husband helped me open the shop and then had to wait at home for the 'blind guy' to turn up to instal this ...


... it's to provide protection during the last hour of the day before the sun sets below our neighbour's roofline.

He was free to help me close the shop this afternoon and I considered some more art play when I got home, but I was feeling a bit weary due to a lack of sleep last night. For some reason I couldn't get to sleep until around 2.30am so I was running on 3.5 hours of sleep.

Not enough.

This popped up on my Facebook feed the other day and I found it amusing - I thought you would too.


I'll try for an early night again tonight. Wish me luck.

Nite all.

No comments: