Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, May 24, 2019

No Show

I’d like to think that Saturday will make up for a very quiet week at the shop.

On the plus side, I got lots done. There is still lots to be done! So I guess, no matter what, there will be advantages for busy days and slow days.

Today was Show day and that meant most shops in our town were closed. Plenty of people came through The Happy Abode again, but all were browsing except for the last customer of the day.

Strangely, a few solo men had some strange requests. One was looking for a 300mm crochet hook. One wanted a tall plain vase. Another wanted a string of 5 pointed flags 😳

We just can’t be all things to all people.

I decided to close the shop 2 hours early, but the last customer was there for an hour, so it was 2pm when we left.

I decided to go to the club tonight and had a nice little win on the pokies. No other wins for me or anyone else.

AH had dinner prepared when I arrived home and we munched on chicken wings in front of the telly.

Now I’m off to bed because AH has control of the TV remote and I’m not keen on watching his choice.




Nite all.

No comments: