Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Moving Day

I spent the first two hours at the shop moving stuff.

I moved the small hat stand to the other end of the small glass cabinet and replaced the hand made cards with the blue stand holding my photographs.

I moved the timber bread and cheese boards to the rear of the shop.

I moved the clocks from the back of the shop to the front of the shop.

I removed all of the stock, including the big white buddha from the big cube wall unit and slid the cabinet back about 30cm.

I moved the big glass cabinet situated in the middle of the shop back about 30cm.

I moved two clothes racks to the back right corner of the shop, where the sitting area used to be, then transferred the 'pre-loved' clothing to another rack and moved it to the same corner.


I moved the hanging shell mobiles across to the opposite wall.

I realised that I could not move the glass cabinet by myself in the direction that I wanted so I phoned Adoring Husband to help.

We moved the glass cabinet left then right.

We moved the round table to the clothing area, stacked another table on top and then I displayed some bags and jewellery on it.


We moved the big display table back about 30cm.

We emptied a small cube cabinet of bags and placed it on it's side at the end of the big table in the middle of the shop.


We moved the tiny cube cabinet from the back left corner of the shop to the front window.

Adoring Husband left to order some lunch on his way home ... he delivered mine before he went home.

I displayed the Ivys bags in the cabinet at the end of the table. This photo was taken half way through that process.


I hung all of the scarves on coat hangers and then hung them on the smaller clothes rack.

I changed the display on one of the tin cupboards and arranged some beautiful Intrinsic products there for colour.

I cleared the top of the large glass cabinet and found a spot for the hand made cards.

I began replacing and rearranging some displays in the empty cubes of the big display cabinets.

During all of this, I had a visit from Lady Lynn, four browsing customers, three paying customers and a visit from The Fluid Artist who delivered a triptych that she had completed. One of the browsers will be looking at my photography on Flickr and possibly ordering three large prints for her home.

AH returned at 3pm to help me close the shop. We visited the butcher and I came home to collapse on the lounge in a state of exhaustion. My head was aching, my back was tired and my feet were sore  - I didn't even sit down to eat my lunch and my body is not used to being upright all day long!

I threw some chicken thighs cut into quarters, tomatoes cut in half, chopped chunks of onion, half a red capsicum into a baking tray and put it in a hot oven for 30 minutes. When that time was up, I added almost an entire jar of artichokes to the pan and cooked it for another ten minutes. Meanwhile I reheated the sweet potato mash from last night.

I made a gravy with the juices in the bottom of the pan and added some more home made stock from the fridge.

AH suggested that he would eat it often if I wanted to make it again.

We ate TWO icy poles each for dessert!

Now it's 8pm and I'm off to bed to watch the footy. I doubt that I'll see it to the end of the game.  

There is still much to do at the shop but I'll probably not push it tomorrow - just fill some cubes with displays.

Nite all.

No comments: