Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 5, 2020

Amazing Photos

Here are a few photos from the internet that show both the horror and awesomeness of the bushfires.












Social media is not a friendly place to be right now while the entire online population are at war with each other.

It’s Liberals vs Labor

It’s Everyone vs Greenies.

It’s Climate Change vs Anti Climate Change.

It’s everyone against Scomo.

Trouble is, everyone believes that they are correct and are not the slightest bit interested in listening to what anyone else has to say, so it’s really pointless joining in any conversations/debates/arguments.

I’ve had government workers asking me to share political posts, stories and videos because they’re afraid they’ll lose their jobs if they do it themselves. The Liberal govt issued a directive to all public servants telling them that they could  be sacked for showing any disrespect on social media.

I respectfully declined and am trying to avoid involvement because even friends and family are so angry they are turning against each other in aggressive and vindictive ways.

It’s going to take a very long time for Australia to recover physically, financially, mentally, emotionally, spiritually and environmentally from the devastation of these fires.

Meanwhile, after a minor (in comparison) bushfire scare for us before Christmas, we are all incredibly lucky to be in this neck of the woods with perfect weather for our tourists and clear smoke free air to breath.

To end my post with some more good news ...

In Kenya, poaching rates have dropped by 85% for rhinos and 78% for elephants in the last five years. In South Africa, the number of rhinos killed by poachers fell by 25%, the fifth annual decrease in a row, and in Mozambique, one of Africa’s largest wildlife reserves went an entire year without losing a single elephant.

Have a happy Sunday.



Nite all.

No comments: