Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Do You Know?

How we’ll do you know your BFF?

Ask each other these questions and you’ll  either be surprised by how much you know, or shocked by how little you know!

  1. What am I most afraid off?
  2. Where can you always find me?
  3. What’s been my greatest accomplishment?
  4. What is my biggest disappointment?
  5. Where would I go if I could choose any holiday?
  6. Describe my perfect day.
  7. Who would I invite to my fantasy dinner party?
  8. When did we meet?
  9. Back then, did you think we’d be friends this long?
  10. What was my most embarrassing moment?
  11. Which fashion decision was my biggest mistake?
  12. Name the song I love singing most with you in the car.
  13. Who was my biggest crush when we were younger?
  14. Why do you think we get along so well?
  15. Which game or reality show would I do best on?
  16. What do you do that makes me laugh the hardest?
  17. Is there a smell that reminds you of me?
  18. Name three things we completely, 100% agree on.
  19. If I became Prime Minister, what do you think I’d do first?
  20. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to me?
  21. What drives me crazy?
  22. If we were stuck on a desert island, how would I be an asset?
  23. Which two fictional BFFs are most like us?
  24. What’s your favourite memory of us?
  25. When were you most impressed by me?
  26. What do I order at a bar?
  27. What’s the first thing I would do if I won the lottery?
  28. If I died, what would you want of mine?
  29. What celebrity would we choose to be friends with us?
  30. When we‘re 85 yrs old, what will we be doing together?
I’m going to ask Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair these questions while we are road tripping and I will give her my answers about her too.

At 11.45am today, not a soul had walked through the doors of the shop, which is unusual for Tuesdays, especially since we decided not to open on Mondays!

I made our first sale at 11.57am and it was a $4 turtle.

After that, it was full on and the last customer left the shop at 3.25pm - which is 25 minutes after our usual closing time.

There was no time for adding to my dragon art because the morning was filled with creating the promotional flyer + Facebook post for this week’s art class. it was so successful that there is now only one spot left to fill!

We enjoyed Peking duck for dinner this evening.

And now, I sleep!

Nite all.

No comments: