Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Full Day

On Friday night, I was sleep by 10pm and woke on Saturday to the gentle tones of my 7am alarm.

I decided to go for a morning swim before getting ready for work and Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair suggested a smoothie for breakfast so it was an excellent start to my day giving me lots of energy to run the art class.

It was a busier than usual Saturday morning in the shop, so Adoring Husband was run off his feet and needed my assistance a couple of times.

My full class had unexpectedly reduced by three before 9am so unfortunately it was a class of 5 instead of 8. It did end up being a great class though and everyone was really happy with their results.












Even though the ladies helped clean up most of the mess, it still took me over an hour to finish up so I didn’t leave the shop until 1.30pm. We did some grocery shopping and grabbed some coffee before heading home.

BGWLBH was sitting out under the Bali hut and had been for a swim, so I cut up a plate of fruit and joined her. The water was lovely and we had another talkfest until it was time to prepare dinner.

BGWLBH made some delicious salads and I cooked up some sweet potato chips in the oven and took some mushroom soup out of the freezer to heat up for entree. There was a little leftover chicken from the night before so we rationed that out between ourselves too.

Trivia was on for the night after BGWLBH did some proof reading, editing and rewriting of an ad that I had created for the newsletter.

We played a “Friends” version of trivia followed by a “Big Bang Theory” version.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner to ... MEEEEEEEEEEE!

Both games!

It’s now 10.30pm and I’m feeling a bit exhausted so I might head to bed.

I’m looking forward to the next couple of days off with my friend.

Nite all.

No comments: