Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Peaceful

Adoring Husband attended an SES meeting in The Bay tonight and I had the most peaceful and quiet evening.

No white noise. No TV - although it was on when AH left, so I simply muted it.

The Psychotic dogs lay in their beds in the family room and did not once whinge or whine to come into the lounge room with me.

The moment AH arrived home, they were at the gate demanding to come into the lounge room.

I was able to catch up on an online mini course that I’m participating in. It only goes for 7 days with 7 modules - one each day - today is day two and I had 7 short videos to watch and a work sheet of questions to answer. So far, I’m enjoying it, but feel like I’m ahead of the game already because of the self help practices that I utilise on a regular basis.

Beautiful Girl With Long Blonde Hair is staying in Inverell tonight and should arrive mid afternoon tomorrow!

Chicklet asked me a trivia question from a box of trivia that I sent her for Christmas. I got the answer wrong three times!! Here it is ...

*There are 2 ducks in front of 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks behind 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks beside 2 other ducks. How many ducks are there?*

I spent this morning setting up the training room for our full class on Saturday morning. Luckily, not a soul came through the doors until 11am and I didn’t make a sale until almost 1pm but from then until closing it was crazy busy and it ended up being a fantastic day of sales.

By the time I arrived home, I was exhausted but I got the washing off the line and folded it, hung another load on the line, put another load in the machine, hung that out, bathed Psychotic dog Ruby’s eyes, cleaned out the fridge and gathered the art supplies that I’m taking from home to the shop tomorrow.

Now it’s time for bed and hopefully another big sales day tomorrow!

I’m tempted to go for a late night swim. I washed my hair this morning so I don’t want it to get wet ... I could just wade in for a bit. I think I will!

Nite all.

No comments: