Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Starting Again

So much to do! So little time!

🎶 Makin’ a list. Checkin’ it twice.🎶

I spent the morning in bed (surprise!) making an extensive list of everything I need to do to establish my new business before The Motivator leaves on Saturday.

When we started the business 3 years ago, we combined my logo (the green circle with hearts emerging) with her business name - she had a website called The Happy Abode with colourful flowers as the logo.

We opted to do that agreeing that when we finished with the shop, we would each take our ‘bits’ back.

So I have selected a new name to put with my logo.

I made my list, which is slowly growing longer as I remember new things that I have to change, cancel, modify, transfer, establish, open and replace.

I jumped on the ASIC website and registered my new business name. That website has to be one of the worst government sites I’ve ever had to navigate!

This was my office space while I did that ...


After I finally got that sorted, I played around with my logo and the placement of the new name. Watch this space next weekend when I will reveal the new look!

Tomorrow, we head into The Bay, firstly to take psychotic dog Colli for a checkup now that she’s finished her heart medication and Ruby for her allergy injection.

Then to purchase some replacement equipment that The Motivator will be taking with her on Saturday.

Gotta get some alcohol for her farewell on Saturday too!

This week is going to be busy and hectic and exciting and challenging!



Wish me luck!

Nite all.

No comments: