Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Lunching

I can’t remember who it was that first recommended Naughty Coffee at Howard for a meal.

I’m here to tell you that four out of six of us had well below average lunches and the other two were ok.

The cafe has a nice feel and the service was friendly, but the food left a lot to be desired.

The best part of lunch was the group sitting at our table.

We got to shop at the famous Vancootens Drapery which is much more than a drapery.

Compared to other lunch dates, we were home very early.

However, we had already spent over an hour at The Happy Abode having a farewell coffee with The Motivator so we all had five hours together.


My biggest need for the day was to scan and email some important paperwork. Our work printer is not functioning as it should so I tried our home printer, but it too is not functioning as it should. I tried the local post office, but they don’t do that. I tried the library, but their computers were not operational today. We found an old scanner in the cupboard and we tried that but it was a no go.

In the end my only option was to photograph the pages with my phone and email them.

Fingers crossed they accept them as is.

I ticked two more things off my ‘to do’ list, for which I’m quite proud of myself. I’m not procrastinating and I’m working my way through that list steadily. So far, there has only been one hiccup which I’m fixing as quickly as policy will allow.



I have an early morning tomorrow with meditation back for the first time in about ten weeks, so I’d best get some sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: