Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 1, 2020

Vet Visit

Every visit to the vet seems to cost us more and more!

We now have psychotic dog, Colli, on heart medication permanently and psychotic dog, Ruby, on allergy injections permanently. They both came with us to the vet this morning while psychotic dog, Jack, enjoyed some quiet time at home for the first time ever!

Adoring Husband babysat the psychotic dogs in the car while I made a quick Office Works run, a quick Coles run and a quick Dan Murphy’s run.

Shopping list checked off, coffee drive thru complete, post office pick up (my Kmart trackies arrived) on the way home and we were parked in our garage by 12.30pm.

Jack seemed happy to see us because his little butt and tail were wiggling and wagging furiously when we walked through the door - that was after we woke him up because he’s too deaf to hear the car engine any more!

We had a quick bite for lunch and I came into my office bedroom to tick a couple more items off my to-do list.

Of course nothing is straight forward. There has to be a hiccup or two to keep me on my toes. Tick one wrong box against an ambiguous question and it starts a whole new ball rolling.

*sigh*

Slow and steady wins the race.

We had a very light dinner and have been in bed for an hour. AH is doing his usual trick snoring loud enough that I can’t hear any TV dialogue.

I wonder if the bed in the back bedroom is comfortable?






Nite all.

No comments: