Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Feeling My Age

I slept well on Friday night and was awake bright and early (5am) listening to Adoring Husband leave for work.

I had to prepare a couple of platters to take for The Motivator’s farewell morning, iron some clothes to wear to work, have a shower, load the car and be at the shop by 9am. I was late 😳

I set up a little area behind the counter with a table and chairs ...


... lay the platters, the champagne and the glasses in preparation for some guests.

We had quite a few people turn up. The usual crowd and a few extras. I even offered champagne to customers that we didn’t know and they accepted my offer willingly and then opened their wallets to spend! I offered them more champagne! They laughed.

It was quite loud at its peak so that I could barely hear the customers speak, but we had a very good morning of sales and there was lots of laughter ringing through the shop. I had to tell one of our visitors to stop talking because I’d had two glasses of champagne and she was annoying me.

She stopped and then apologised before she left ... so as far as I’m concerned, she knows she has a ‘talking problem’ and has probably been pulled up for it before! I’ll call her Mrs Potter. She’s a nice lady and wouldn’t harm a fly but she does have a propensity for talking long and hard.

Our guests had all left before closing time so we were able to shut up shop on time, clear the mess, finalise business talk and say our long emotional farewells (3 or 4 times) before heading home.

The Motivator took a few photos but I don’t have access to them. If she sends them to me, I’ll share them here.

I’d like to take this one moment to thank The Motivator for being my friend and business partner for the last three years and for helping us create such a beautiful space to work in. Her design skills were paramount in the beginning and her spread sheet skills were paramount in the end. All the bits in the middle were important too!

I hope that she finds all the motivation, positive energy, good vibes, self belief and imagination to create her own perfect niche of success in our little town and beyond.

May the force be with you! 😘

My ‘to do’ list is still quite extensive so I can’t rest yet, and I still haven’t decided on my logo layout, but the new shop name will be “Roz’s Happy Place”. These are my first two attempts at the logo but I’ll play around some more over the next couple of days til I hit on a winner.



AH and I will spend Sunday at the shop moving a few things around and changing the layout just a touch. It already has a great feel so I don’t want to change it too much.

I’m looking forward to NEXT Sunday when I can spend the majority of the day in bed to rest up. This has been a mentally challenging week and I am definitely feeling my age tonight!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Wahoo!

Nite all.

No comments: