Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 4, 2020

A Nice Surprise

3rd June - It was bloody difficult getting out of bed early this morning.

My alarm was set for 6am but that cool breeze floating through the window kept me under the covers for another twenty minutes!

I still managed to get to the shop with plenty of time to spare for meditation.

We had 8 people in attendance which is allowable under the social distancing rules - although we should be able to fit 12 if we do it right next week.

It was a great class and we learnt about the power of silence.

The Gypsy stayed for a chat afterwards and it was great to catch up with her.

Surprisingly, it was a good day for sales and I still had time to tick off a couple more things on my ‘to do’ list.

I left the shop feeling pretty pleased with myself.

Our FROG box arrived today. FROG have recently teamed up with Su Jus Bar and each week I order their green chicken curry sauce and a juice. Wednesday night is now green chicken curry night. It’s delicious! And easy!

It’s only 9.45pm and we are in bed. I’ve already slapped Adoring Husband twice to quieten his snoring.

I’m going to trade him in for a quieter version tomorrow.

I made myself some sleepy tea to bring to bed with me, but even that won’t override the husband noise!

4th June ...

Whoops! That sleepy tea worked a treat!

After about four kicks to the thigh, AH finally slept quietly and as the sleepy tea kicked in, I yawned about six times, put my iPad on the bedside table and fell asleep almost istantly!

Slept solidly from 10pm - 5am.

Amazeballs!

*I will add more tonight before I publish this*

I arrived at the shop at 11am and The Motivator and I did all the catching up we needed to do regarding the business change over and then we spent some time mucking around and talking nonsense, as we do.

Only two people through the doors all day - perhaps those gale force winds scared everyone off!

Adoring Husband arrived at 2pm to help us close the shop.

He is at SES training night right now and I am watching my team get annihilated by the Roosters in the NRL. It’s a sad and sorry state of affairs.

I think I shall make myself some sleepy tea ...


... and climb into bed.



It’s going to be a big Friday and then an even bigger Saturday!

Nite all.

No comments: