Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, June 5, 2020

Oh The Pain

I didn’t sit down for the entire day because I was clearing out drawers, sorting through catalogues, decluttering and culling, filing invoices, rearranging drawers and figuring out where to put everything  that came out of the furniture that was leaving the shop.

The good thing about my efforts was that The Motivator and her posse of removalists were able to complete their task in an hour! They were very efficient for non-removalists!

The Fisher King, Fairy Princess and Gentle Giant swept through like a team on a mission, loading the ute a couple of times and filling the back of the car. If it was an Olympic event, I’m certain they’d have won GOLD!

We were all home by 3.30pm.

Tomorrow is party day and there will be champagne and nibbles for anyone who cares to farewell the girl between 10am and 1pm.

I wonder if I can get tipsy?

When I got home this afternoon, I had to bath psychotic dog Ruby, clean her eye and administer the drops.

Then I had to take a call from the bank to finalise some details regarding the new business account.

Finally, I got to sit down and put my feet up.

That’s where I remained for three hours.

I stood up from my chair to go to bed and I could barely move!! Everything had seized up and my lower back was screaming at me. I shuffled my way across the floor like a 90 yr old woman requiring a walking frame!

My magic DoTerra Ice Blue muscle rub was massaged into my lower back just before bed (by me) and it gave me almost instant relief. I love that stuff.

I didn’t even make my sleepy tea to bring to bed. I can’t stop yawning so this is it for me.

Oh in case you were wondering, the answer to the puzzle that I posted the other night was 45. Sorry it took me so long to remember to put it here. 😳






Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: