Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

A New Day

It’s a new day, but we are still struggling with the loss of our Jack.

Adoring Husband buried Jack beside Ruby in the back yard today and as you can imagine, it was no easy task for him.

I slept poorly last night with recurring visions of Jack’s last moments. The tears well at unexpected times and sometimes the emptiness seems vast and all consuming. I know that this will pass and it’s important to feel the feelings and go through the process, but I was not expecting it to feel quite like this.

Colli wanders through the house looking along the hallway or circling the dining table where Jack and Ruby usually slept. She seems confused, although she is certainly enjoying the extra attention and the fact that she now is the sole occupant of the big chair in the lounge room.

We had meditation this morning which helped me start my day on solid footing and in a peaceful space.

Even though it was busy in the shop, the day, especially the afternoon, seemed to drag on forever.

Sales were fantastic and there were a lot of people through the doors. The last two days have been big jewellery days - especially the more expensive pieces - so I will soon have to find some new pieces to fill the gaps.

I sent emails to the 20-ish people in the blue book who expressed an interest in journaling over the past 2 years.

I priced and displayed the new brooches that arrived in today’s mail and sold three of them this afternoon.

I priced and displayed SOME of the Melanie Woods jewellery pieces which are just lovely and sold 2 of them before they even reached the display cabinet.

I’ve sold four fascinators - which also haven’t been displayed yet.

I did some banking.

So it was very productive but still long.

AH purchased a small leg of lamb from the butcher and we had a baked dinner tonight which was delicious. No dessert.

I am in bed early again and I hope to get some decent sleep tonight (although AH is snoring very loudly!)


My title would be “The Best of Luck”.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Nite all.

No comments: