Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Huggy Day

We had a power outage last night which happened at 11.30pm and the power reconnected at 1.08am - which woke me because the TV came on, as did the bedside light and the pedestal fan. So much for getting a solid night of sleep!

I had a really busy day in the shop and between customers, I had lovely visitors to give me warm healing hugs.

The first was Aggie, followed by The Brains Trust, then Lady Lynn and last of all The Fairy Queen.

It’s amazing how an unexpected hug can bring some lightness and ease the pain.

Thanks girls 😘

I steamed some of the new pants and hung them up for sale, but I need to source the right kind of coat hangers to accommodate ALL 48 pairs of those pants!

I recruited two more people for the journaling class.

I took photos of some of the new jewellery and posted onto the FB page.

It was almost a record breaking sales day.

It’s almost 11.30 pm and I’m exhausted.



I believe it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: