Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 29, 2020

Wish List

Today I started a book of Wish Lists.

Not for me personally, but for the shop.

There are so many new products presenting themselves that I definitely want in the shop, but of course I have to build on my funds and I have to pace my spending.

So I found a nice big fat notebook and sectioned it out for each supplier, then began listing the items that I want to order and wrote down their codes and minimum order values so that when I’m ready, I can email the info directly through to the rep or supplier.

I sent through an order today which included body lotion, room spray, incense, essential oils and mini diffusers.

I almost finished steaming the pants today. Three pairs to go!

I was considering opening the shop on Sunday because there are so many people about, but today convinced me that it’s not worth sacrificing my day off for no guarantee of sales. There were a LOT of people on the street and in the shops near me today, but very few came to me.

It was an average day of sales.

My Sunday will be spent creating and emailing my newsletter as well as finishing my first journaling lesson ready for Tuesday.

I’m excited about my day in bed AND about the journaling sessions!

In case you didn’t know, Sean Connery recently turned 90 yrs old!


I hope that fact makes you feel a little younger today haha. Here’s another fact ...






Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: