Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, August 24, 2020

Repeat Repeat

We had to visit our vet this morning with psychotic dog Jack.

Psychotic dog Colli caused such a hoohaa, howling and stamping her feet because she refused to be left behind, that we had to load her into the back seat as well and she accompanied us masquerading as Jack’s moral support.

Adoring Husband acted as vehicular puppy crèche supervisor while I popped into Officeworks to pick up my “click and collect” order.

We stopped at Su Jus Bar Cafe to grab 5 sweets, 2 coffees and a large green juice.


I then minded the dogs while AH picked up Ruby’s plaque that was supposed to be engraved last Wednesday. After much searching and a phone call, they couldn’t find it so AH told them to shove it (in much nicer words than I would have used) and since he hadn’t paid for it yet, it was easy to walk away.

We made our way home, dropped the dogs off and then delivered the Officeworks package to my shop.

It took us over an hour to clear the training room of the workshop mess and we waited for a delivery of stock, picked up the mail (which included more stock), shooed away a prospective customer who walked into the shop (even though the CLOSED sign was up, there were no flags out, no seats at the door, no A-frame on the footpath and no OPEN sign outside the door) and then got narky because we told her we were closed.

She was a local so might possibly hold a grudge. Ah well.

I was able to do some washing this afternoon before putting my feet up for a couple of hours to watch my favourites - Tipping Point and The Chase - we put together a team effort to make pork loin chops with poached egg, fried onion and salad for dinner.

Now I’m watching Farmer Wants a Wife and I may even go to bed to watch the end of it.


I’m done for the day.

Nite all.

No comments: