Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Bad Bub Day

Little Hazie had a day of discomfort and was very unsettled today.

This meant we had very short cuddle times together but at least Mum got to have a shower.

Chicklet and I had breakfast together and she explained some more of her gaming apps to me.

Other than that, we had a very quiet day.

Vegan Chickie took this great pic of Chicklet, Hazie and I...

Adoring Husband phoned me this afternoon and we chatted for about ten minutes which was nice.

I had pre-sleep cuddles with Chicklet and we planned our day for tomorrow.

I brought my portable clothes steamer with me in the suitcase and used it for the first time this evening. For $50 from Good Guys, it works really well! I’m very happy.

Now the cloths that I’m wearing tomorrow are steamed and hanging up ready for my birthday outing tomorrow. We are going to The Hatter and The Hare (https://www.hhcafe.com.au/menus/) where I’m looking forward to trying this ...

accompanied by freshly squeezed juice called Gryphon’s Cure!

Vegan Chickie and Mr Perfect have an appointment in the morning so Chicklet and I are going for a walk to catch some Pokémon.

Now it’s time to sleep!



Nite all.

No comments: