Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 23, 2021

Good Bub Day

🎼 Happy birthday to me 🎶 Happy birthday to me 🎵 Happy birthday dear meeeeeeee  ðŸŽ¶ Happy birthday to me 🎼 

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Hazie has been much more like herself today!

A checkup appointment with the district nurse returned good results. A weight gain of 450 gms in ten days and everything else perfect.

She wasn’t a fan of the drive there and she didn’t like being stripped off for her checkup, but once that was all done, she settled right down.

We all bundled into the car and drove to The Hatter and The Hare for my birthday treat. Unfortunately, they had sold out of the cake that I wanted, so between us, Chicklet and I shared a blueberry, lemon and poppyseed cake AND a chocolate cake. 

They were both delicious!

I also had a fresh juice - apple, cucumber, spinach and mint. Chicklet had a smoothie with pineapple, mango, orange, passion fruit and strawberries.

It was a lovely afternoon and we all enjoyed two hours together. The cafe was amazing and very busy with happy noisy patrons. The food choices were extensive and worthy of photographing but I was in too much of a hurry to eat them so I didn’t think of taking a pic. Simply spectacular.


Granny Izzy joined us and presented me with a gorgeous hand made macrame plant hanger (she made it herself!) with a pot inside plus a book “Dear Mum”. I was not expecting that and was very touched.

I very much enjoyed my birthday afternoon.

We all returned home and needed an afternoon rest/break/nap.

I prepared dinner for Chicklet and myself and we followed that with an ice cream - WAY TOO MUCH sugar today!

I’ve received birthday calls from Number 1 Son, Bubbles, J Mac and The Motivator.

Now I’m in bed watching the football on my iPad.

I’m feeling a bit weary so I should sleep well tonight.




Nite all.

No comments: