Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Warm Welcome

It is as COLD and WET as you would expect it to be in Melbourne.

I’m in strife for naming the cat Morgan in my last blog post haha. His name is Norman and clearly he is definitely a Norman and I need to train my brain to see Norman and not Morgan. I can try.

It was a nice lazy start to the day, just the way I like it. I don’t think I got out of bed until 9am and Chicklet and I had breakfast together before Mum, Dad and Bub appeared.

Today I’ve been learning all about Pokémon Go. I had deleted the app from my phone after the last visit so I had to reverse that decision. Today I have caught 36 Pokémon! Chicklet is very patient with me - although sometimes she uses big words that I don’t even understand.

How can a ten year old using her normal every day language make a 60 year old feel like a dill 😳

Easily ... is my answer.

I had a long cuddle with my little Hazie this morning, after which MR Perfect took me grocery shopping at the nearby supermarket.

This afternoon we’ve all been resting. I had an hour with Chicklet in her room and she showed me all the apps that she plays in, the creatures and avatars she has created and the rooms she has designed. She showed me an animation she created and made my brain hurt. That’s why I needed to rest.

The sun is now setting and I’m about to exit my room to see if there is any action in the house. It really is the perfect day for lying in bed under the covers, catching Pokémon and watching Netflix.

After a short rendezvous with the family and sharing our ‘Best thing about today’ stories, I am now in my jammies and snuggled under a double doona trying to get warm. It’s currently 11°C and moving south to 8°C overnight. Tomorrow’s max is only going to reach 15°C so I’m really pleased that I purchased that big woolly jumper at Eumundi yesterday!

I think I might need to find some woolly slippers somewhere tomorrow - if my feet are warm, everything is warm.

So far I’m having a lovely time with my family 😍


Nite all.

No comments: