Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The Grannies Meet

It’s bloody cold!

The woolly jumper that we purchased in Eumundi is deliciously warm and toasty so that was a good buy!

Little Hazie seemed to like it because she curled up in her snuggle ball shape and slept for almost 2 hours on my chest at lunch time and then again for about 30 minutes later in the afternoon.

Chicklet helped me catch some more Pokémon today and educated me a little more on the workings of Pokémon Go.

I made chicken, shiitake mushroom and pak choy soup for lunch. It was delicious and I have enough left over for lunch tomorrow.

I almost burnt the house down and set the smoke alarm off while MR Perfect was in the shower and Vegan Chickie had just been puked and pooped on.

The smoke alarm is connected to the security alarm and needed a code to turn it off - since both occupants of the house were in compromising situations, the alarm was going off for quite some time before MR Perfect came flying out of the bedroom half naked to save the day!

At about 3.30pm we received a visit from Granny Izzy. It was our first face to face, in person, meeting and it began with a long squeezy hug and was followed by lots of chatter and laughter.

She took her turn getting Hazie cuddles and we agreed on how lucky we are, not only for our adorable grandchildren, but for the fact that Vegan Chickie and Mr Perfect found each other.

Before she left, we invited her to The Hatter & The Hare cafe for my birthday on Friday.

My dinner tonight was just dessert - vegan ice cream in a GF cone.

I took Mama’s place for night cuddles with Chicklet before she went to sleep, which I really enjoyed and we talked about her favourite book (Cat Warriors) and how she and Mr Perfect went for a drive this afternoon and captured two Pokémon gyms in battles.

Norman the cat got a mention, as did ice cream, which we are going to have for lunch tomorrow with berries!

It’s very cold and my hands need to get warm under the blankies so here is where I sign off. This large huntsman is living outside my bedroom door and Adoring Husband suggested that I get a gun. 🥴


Nite all.

No comments: