Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 19, 2021

I Am Here!

It was an easy drive from home to Maroochydore.

Adoring Husband stopped at Eumundi for coffee so I took the opportunity to shop next door for some warm clothes. I selected a long sleeved t-shirt and a jumper but when I got the counter, AH took out his wallet to pay for it. I hadn’t even looked at the prices so it was a shock to both of us when she rang up the total. More of a shock to AH than me lol.

Thank you darling.

I checked in at the ‘drop off’ point at the airport because I had already checked in online and selected my seat. When I looked at my boarding pass I had been allocated a different seat and commented to AH that it was pointless choosing your seat online if they’re going to change it when you got to the airport. He suggested that I say something, but I didn’t bother.

We killed over an hour eating sushi, drinking an immune boost smoothie and sucking in our own carbon dioxide behind our compulsory masks until my flight was called.

We said our goodbyes and I made my way to my new allocated seat. I had barely made myself comfortable when an attendant asked me for my boarding pass - then she pointed to the name on the pass and said “That’s not you is it?” I looked at the name and it was something like Angelina Brettschneider! “Oh! No it isn’t” I replied.

I hadn’t even looked at the name when I was discussing the seat number with AH 😳

She led me to the back of the plane to the seat that I had originally selected but there was a man sitting in it. I should have made him move but instead I sat in the aisle seat.

A baby sitting on his Dad’s lap just across the aisle from me screamed from the tarmac until we reached altitude, then was as cute as a button and we played peekaboo and other giggly games, then he screamed all the way as we descended into Melbourne airport.

Chicklet and Mr Perfect were waiting for me and I had tears of happiness as I hugged Chicklet as tight as I could without crushing her. Mr Perfect and I gave each other a hug of introduction and then chatted easily until my baggage arrived.

It was a long drive from the airport - almost 2 hours with peak hour traffic - normally about 45 minutes.

The conversation was comfortable and Mr Perfect’s driving was skilled.

I got to half hug Vegan Chickie because she had a babe in arms and then ‘I’ had a babe in arms ...

I got to meet Mr Perfect’s Dad and his wife and the crazy cat Morgan who sits in a box, climbs cat poles, bounds through the house and hugs Chicklet often.

Now I am lying in a very comfortable bed ready to doze off into a deep slumber. It has been a long exciting and tiring day.

Nite all.

No comments: