Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 23, 2021

Early Mark

It’s not even 5.30pm and I am in bed 😍

Adoring Husband is at SES training and the house is all mine.

I cooked an early dinner and was sitting in my pyjamas about to watch a movie on Netflix when I thought - I can go to bed with a cup of tea and watch the movie on my iPad.

Brilliant!

I had a great day at work. Not a lot in sales but I passed my happy minimum.

There were lots of tyre kickers wasting time until their food was ready at the cafe.

This gave me time to do my favourite thing … steam more garments 😩

I steamed approximately 18 garments because I turned the steamer off every time a customer came through the door. There were lots of teenagers about today, in groups, so I figured I should stay alert.

My last sale for the day happened at 10:45am. Everybody else was just looking.

The Silver Fox came to visit for about half an hour. We chatted about the group brunch that happened on Tuesday as well as her many overseas travels. She has certainly been there and done that and has a gift for telling her stories. I am always entertained when she’s in the room!

Crystal M Dee (the lady whose crystals I once sold in the shop) also came for a visit at the same time but she decided to return tomorrow so that we can have a bit of time together.

I was feeling much better today and I think I’ve worked out that the new supplements (vit d, vit c, zinc and quercetin capsules), that I began taking last Tuesday we’re making me feel nauseas. I was feeling sick every day except for one - which was the day I forgot to take them!

So I didn’t take one last night or this morning and I’m feeling fantastic.

All I had today was half a banana and a cup of tea which gave me enough energy to get through my day comfortably.

We stopped off at Klocca’s house to pick up some of her home grown tomatoes and while I was there, I checked out her new timber flooring. I LOVE it! It’s a gorgeous colour and I know exactly what I want if or when we decide to do our floors. Very sleek and stylish.

I moved straight into the kitchen to cook dinner when I got home and my evening is now mine to do as I please … the house is deliciously silent with no TV noise in the background and I feel like I could nod off to sleep right now … but then I’d be awake at midnight.

We don’t want that.

So I’ll go watch my movie. AH should home by the time it’s finished and then I’ll sleep!


Nite all.


No comments: