Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Found It!

My missing package has been found!! 

This is what arrived today (not all of the colours) …



I think I’m going to purchase the yellow one for myself. I love it!

I also have some bag organisers.

We opened the shop 30 minutes earlier than usual because Adoring Husband had to be at the SES shed at 9am.

It was busy enough in the shop that I didn’t get much time with the girls for coffee this morning and sales for the day were very good, even with all the tyre kickers.

In between customers, I steamed some clothes, booked a FaceTime appointment with an interstate sales rep, cleared out some drawers to store new excess stock, cleared some emails, removed the washed art stuff from the kitchen and set up for journaling.

Journaling was productive and afterwards we set up the room for meditation and I vacuumed the shop floors.

I was pretty worn out by the end of the day so after a cup of anti-inflammitea I cooked some salmon steaks with vegetables and creamy mushrooms. 

We watched five episodes of ‘Back to the Rafters’ on Amazon Prime before coming to bed.

How windy is it???! It’s so strong coming through my bedroom windows, it blew the slats of the shutters closed! They are not loose shutters!

I’m enjoying the cool wind blowing over the bed and I’m looking forward to snuggling under the covers for a good nights sleep. Now that it’s Spring, the days and nights are warming up so it won’t be long til sleeping is less sound and more sweaty!

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: