Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 20, 2021

Manic Monday

Nope.

It wasn’t manic at all.

I enjoyed a very relaxing Monday, mostly in bed, and you’ll be pleased to know there was little research done so this will be an education-free blog post!

There was a little bit of work to do.

Confirming a small order of clothing to arrive this week.

I had to send an email to the courier with pictures and prices of the stock that has gone missing. Ugh!

I completed a mini course on how to create an online course. I wasn’t impressed and certainly won’t be paying him to teach me more.

We had to wait for my new garment steamer to be delivered before we could go clear the training room at the shop, so I got out of my smelly pyjamas, showered and washed my hair. I felt like a new person.

It didn’t take long to clear the room and I unpacked and set up the steamer to give it a test run. It works.

We decided to make pizzas on paleo bases for dinner so we stopped for a couple of things to put on them before coming home.

It was after 5pm when we got home so we cooked dinner straight away.

Adoring Husband was all worn out because he mowed the lawns this morning and then helped me at the shop this arvo so he went to bed before 8.30pm.

Oh! My cousin’s daughter (who used to come here every July for the touch footy carnival) became a Queensland Champion weight lifter over the weekend! She is an amazing sports person and gifted at all sports that she attempts - surfing, running, hurdling, high jump, long jump, touch football etc.



It’s been a most relaxing and enjoyable day and I’m looking forward to work tomorrow. I’ve had a rejuvenating weekend.

Nite all.

No comments: