Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, September 27, 2021

Sorry Not Sorry

I was busy watching the second half of a five hour video so I didn’t get to my blog post on Saturday.

That video helped make sense of the BS currently overtaking our country.

In another two years, our fear will override our conditioning and complacency and we’ll wish we had this time to do over and do things differently.

The changes that have been planned since the 90s have already begun to be put in place and this, The Lucky Country, is fast becoming quite the opposite.

But that’s a story for another day because I know you’re not ready to hear it yet.

Just know that you are NOT seeing or hearing the truth on TV and you should be feeling uneasy about our future for very different reasons than what you’re being told.

Even though it was crazy busy in town and the queues in the supermarket meant that ALL the cash registers were operating, Saturday was disturbingly quiet in my shop.

One of my few customers was the lady that I had words with on Friday! I didn’t scare her off after all!

Sales were very low and I didn’t even come close to my happy minimum. Lucky for me it was a great week to cover it.

I enjoyed my free Saturday afternoon by watching the NRL preliminary final between Storm and Panthers, followed by the AFL Grand Final between Melbourne and Western Bulldogs.

Did a stack more research.

Today (Sunday) was spent in my favourite place all day. Bed.

I dipped my toe in the pool and then stepped into it up to my knees. Still a bit chilly but very close! It was a year ago on 24th September that I had my first swim for the season so we’ve wound down the umbrella to allow the sun to warm up the water. I hope I can jump right in soon.

I didn’t even get up to make dinner. Adoring Husband made his own paleo pizza.

It was good to see our nurses out in force today protesting against forced vaccinations …

I still have a day to play with tomorrow and I’m not even sure how I’ll spend it. I’ll think about it tomorrow.





Nite all.

No comments: