Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Other Decisions

The Fair Work Commission made some decisions on Monday regarding mandated vaccinations.

If you want to read the 44 page document … https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/decisionssigned/html/2021fwcfb6015.htm?fbclid=IwAR3Rbn6ZuHKhmpj1iLL3vfU8vLQPkxFmz20WDrUwjpKI2Yj3HIV7wgl1Xxs

No industry, including public health, is allowed to mandate vaccinations for reasons such as “the World Health Organisation states that the majority of people who contract Covid 19 will recover and won’t even require treatment.” and “this is a clinical trial and should only be voluntary.” and “there are side effects and the long term effects are unknown”.

Just to name a few.

This information has been available for all the world to see, hear and read for a week. Has it been mentioned in the news?

Of course not.

Ok, I know I said that I would only purge covid stuff on Mondays, but this is a big deal that I found out about today and I couldn’t wait!

End purge.

It was pretty quiet in the shop today and I didn’t quite reach my happy minimum.

This gave me time to do some filing … until I ran out of folders to put my files in … so I photocopied all my receipts.

I logged into the Supreme Court YouTube live feed of the big court case regarding mandated vaccinations which started today. I was one of almost 50,000 people logged into the channel. It lasted for about four hours and will continue tomorrow.

I actually made myself some breakfast this morning - plain coconut yoghurt, blueberries, banana, macadamia nuts and powdered wild blueberry. It was delicious and quite energising!

This afternoon I received a small box of silver jewellery in the mail with some lovely pieces to sell in the shop. I’ll take pics tomorrow.

We ate leftover roast chicken in gravy with a big batch of broccoli, cauliflower and snow peas for dinner.

There seems to be a giant line of storms heading in our direction tonight and I think they should be here in about half an hour. 

I’ll attempt some sleep now.

Nite all.

No comments: