Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 1, 2021

Wet n Wet

Last nights (Thursday) storms brought some deliciously heavy rain.

Tonight we’ve already experienced one mighty storm with a good downpour …

There is another line of small storms joining up and heading this way …

The long loud rumbles of thunder sound so ominous and there was one strong gust of wind that made the windows shudder.

The scattered showers throughout the day kept my customers away and again, I didn’t reach my happy minimum in takings.

I live streamed the second day of the Supreme Court case but missed the last hour or more because I had a visitor.

While I could have attempted the chore of cleaning my desk … which has been on my ‘to do’ list for weeks … I chose instead to practice the art of procrastination. Not that I need to practice because I am already very good at it!

I priced and displayed the new jewellery …






I also ordered some more Serenade wallets and some of these in different colours … 



Unless sales go crazy, my only other orders before Christmas now will be clothing.

Sales for this September were up on last September which makes me very happy!

Adoring Husband helped me set up the art room ready for Saturday.

I enjoyed my day.

Our oven decided to die tonight so instead of the usual oven baked chicken wings from Adoring Husband, I poached them in home made chicken stock, honey, ginger and lime with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. When they were cooked, I browned them under the grill.

Bloody nice.

Now it’s time to sleep to the sound of low stormy rumbles in the distance.

Nite all.

No comments: