Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Life As We Know It

I passed my happy minimum today and had a good day with a visit from Aggie in the mix.

Tonight I posted on Facebook that due to up coming Covid restrictions I was selling the shop … 

ROZ’S HAPPY PLACE - FOR SALE:

Due to up-coming Covid restrictions as well as some personal reasons, it is with great reluctance and a very heavy heart, that I am offering the shop for sale.

If I am unable to find anybody who will love this beautiful space as I do, I will be closing the shop by Christmas.

I am announcing it here first with hopes that a loyal follower might be interested.

Aside from current stock and goodwill, what you will receive and what I will deeply miss -

-  A place where everybody knows your name

-  A warm sense of social closeness

-  A vibe and energy that makes you look forward to walking through the door every morning

-  A large contingent of annual holiday makers who’s itinerary includes visiting the shop

-  A community of other local businesses who will support you and offer advice when asked

-  A bunch of local clubs and groups who use the shop for specific purchases

-  A posse of locals who bring their visiting families to the shop, showing it off as if it was their own

-  A small but loyal number of interstate customers who regularly make phone purchases from your Facebook posts

-  A hub currently bringing like minded people together to share and learn in fun classes

-  A small convoy of friendly sales reps who visit regularly showing off their wares

-  A grateful community who recognise this space as a valuable asset

Please PM me if you are genuinely interested ❤️

I had a dream last night that I was bitten by a snake. The two translations that I found were:

  1. I’ve been putting something off and need to do it! (Posting about the shop)
  2. The bite represents injecting healing serum to strengthen health. (I’ve just started to focus on my diet and have removed the foods that have caused inflammation)
I’ll take both of those translations, but I definitely took it as a sign to move on the shop decision.

It’s a difficult decision but after a month of tossing it around, I’ve come to terms with it and I’m ready for whatever happens from here.

So far the responses have been supportive.

I’ve seen some disappointing vaccine related comments from friends on FB today and I can see my circle dwindling.

I guess it’s to be expected that some have strong views about people like me who choose not to vaccinate and while I post lots of information here that conflicts with mainstream views, I still believe in pro-choice and I don’t believe in mandates.

I don’t use social media to criticise and insult my vaccinated friends because it’s their choice.

It’s my choice to share information here and it’s your choice to read it or not and to believe it or not.




One way or another, life is about to change forever. There will be new challenges and I’ve already sketched a vague outline of what I plan for my future. We’ll see what the universe has in store!

Now it’s sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: