Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Of Interest

What a day!

Only six of our regulars attended meditation where we talked about “What do you believe?” do you believe your inner dialogue that tells you that you’re not good enough,  not smart enough, not artistic enough, too fat, too thin, too ugly, too loud, too sick … well you get the gist.

We talked about how little by little we can be conditioned to believe anything. It can start with just one glib comment in your childhood. Another kid saying “you’re fat” or “you’re a loser” can plant the seed. 

It was a great animated discussion that we all enjoyed.

Three of the ladies hung around for thirty minutes afterwards while The Gypsy and I spent over an hour chatting - as we do - until she had to leave.

From the moment she left, the shop became crazy busy!

Sales were fantastic!

It was weird because I was thinking of closing the shop for the rest of the week to have a break while it was quiet - but it’s definitely NOT quiet.

Adoring Husband bought himself a gift today

- as we prepare for being unvaccinated outcasts and not allowed into cafes and restaurants, clubs or pubs - we will set up our home so that there is no need to venture into the vaccinated world.

He also picked up my pink amethyst with druzy crystal from Tinkerbells …

It’s much safer for him to pick up my lay-bys because if I do it, I buy something else AND lay-by something else!

I’m about to cook dinner - probably salmon - and I’ll definitely have an early night. It took me so long to wind down after the art class last night that I didn’t get to sleep until late and then had to be up at 6am.

I’m feeling weary.

Nite all.

PS More Covid fun …


And this …

The Brownstone Institute has so much excellent information accessible and amidst it all I found this …

 128 Research Studies

Again … nite all.


No comments: