Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Not Even

This will be short and sweet.

Had a fabulous day of sales - topped up beautifully by two ladies who walked through the door at 2pm (closing time) just as I was about to start the journaling class.

I hung around for 15 minutes waiting for them to make their purchase and by that time, one of them placed an $18 pair of earrings on the counter and said “I’m still looking!”

Another ten minutes passed before they finally came to pay for their selections, by which time I was getting a bit antsy because my 90 minute class had now been reduced to 60 minutes.

They made the wait pretty sweet because between them they spent over $250!!!

Thank you very much.

As they left, another four people tried to enter but Adoring Husband turned them away. They said they would return tomorrow.

On the way home we stopped at the caravan park where the Thai food van was parked and we ordered the braised beef and noodles.

For me, it was bloody delicious, jam packed with flavour and so much of it that I could only eat half. The only problem was that it wasn’t really braised beef - it was beef meatballs.

They tasted amazing and I enjoyed every mouthful.

Adoring Husband was however, not impressed. He thought the carrots were under cooked and he didn’t like the texture of the meatballs. He did like the flavour of the liquid.

Next time we’ll try a different dish. There are many to choose from.

I didn’t have long at home before it was time to go to my art class.

Not even a little bit happy with the result …

There were only 8 of us in attendance this time (25 last time).

That was my last class because I’m not vaccinated so I won’t be allowed into any clubs.

Bugger.

I guess this wasn’t so short after all!



Nite all.

No comments: