Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, November 15, 2021

Weekend Over

I quite enjoyed my Monday.

Adoring Husband brought me some lemon water and some breakfast in bed. 

I spent a lot of time on the Covid road again and already created one blog post today full of that.

At 1pm I decided to go for a swim and the water was divine! The sun was very warm and I floated on my back soaking up as much Vit D as I possibly could while listening to my playlist on the sound bar. I swam about 15 laps doing all the strokes except butterfly. I saved a ladybug from drowning.

Eventually I had to go to the shop to clear the training room ready for morning tea.

Adoring Husband had picked up the mail and there were two packages of stock for the shop, which I opened but didn't check off the invoice.

I had two sales from Saturday that I had to package up and take to the Post Office.

We did some grocery shopping and stocked up on berries, watermelon and salmon steaks.

We drove to the Bowls Club so that I could book and pay for the art class on Tuesday evening.

I made a delicious berry smoothie for afternoon tea.

Salmon and salad for dinner.

The TV was booked for Dr Who, Big Brother VIP and Love Island.

Now it’s 10.30pm and I’m ready for bed.


Nite all.

No comments: