Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Substantial

I enjoyed substantial sales today.

I had a lovely visit from a couple who are friends with my little sister - the man actually used to play golf with my Dad, but this is Barb …

I logged in to the live streams of peaceful marches against the mandates regarding unvaccinated. The numbers were substantial!

Cairns …

Brisbane …

Perth …


Melbourne …


Sydney …



Substantial right!?

500,000+ Australia wide peacefully protesting.

The Facebook pages that I normally follow and where I would usually get my information have all been shutdown today - for not following Facebook rules - censorship at its finest - for posting video footage and photos of today’s marches.

Interestingly in the searches I did in Google, they mentioned ‘hundreds’ or ‘thousands’ of protesters. Not tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands. The photos they chose for their stories showed smaller groups in selected areas.

The live streams I watched today showed vast seas of people moving along the streets and as I said, the numbers were substantial!

This afternoon Adoring Husband and I dropped off a kids car seat to Burrum Babes Boss Lady who has grandkids coming to stay soon. She introduced us to her new puppy, Tilly. The cutest softest little fluff ball still with that delicious puppy smell

Then it was time to take advantage of the warm weather and jump in the pool. Even AH joined me!

I swam some laps and lay in the sunshine on one of the new fold out sunbeds. Both the water and the sun were perfect.

After we came inside, AH made us a coffee with the new machine and we plonked ourselves in front of the TV to watch a Netflix movie starring The Rock, Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot. We enjoyed it!

We had the last of our GF Tortillas for dinner. We are cleaning up our diet so tortillas are off the list and we’ll be focusing on fresh food. After five days, my body is already feeling better for it so I’m looking forward to feeling like a brand new person soon!

Now it’s time for bed - which reminds me, I’m already sleeping more soundly!

Nite all.

No comments: