Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, November 19, 2021

Support Plus

It’s super encouraging to know that my community is so supportive.

In the twenty four hours since I posted the ‘for sale’ message, I’ve received seven offers of help to run/man the shop until the PHO for the unvaccinated finishes.

THAT is amazing!

While I had resigned myself to handing over the reins for good, there is a small part of me that so wants to take up their offers, but who knows how long this PHO will stretch? A month would be feasible but if it stretched to three or six months, that is a huge commitment to expect from anyone.

Maybe after the peaceful protests this weekend, decisions will be made that provide a better idea of what to expect. There are MANY carloads travelling to Brisbane from as far north as Rockhampton and for those who can’t travel distances, there are protests in Maryborough, Bundaberg, Gympie and other regional areas.

Anyway, I am incredibly touched by the offers of help and it shows how important the shop is to this community.

Warm and fuzzies.

I had a great visit from an old friend Maggie May this morning. She used to live here, has lived north and south of here during the last ten years and is now moving back. We babbled on for about 90 minutes - with a couple of interruptions from customers.

She’s one of my faves from when we first moved here and I’m so pleased that she’s moving back!

It was another really good day of sales and time passed so quickly that Adoring Husband surprised me when he walked in to help me close the shop.

I’ve had a nice lazy afternoon unwinding and AH cooked dinner for us.

Now it’s bed time for me. I expect to fall asleep watching the movie ‘The Holiday’.



Nite all.

No comments: