Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Go The Girlies

A good time was had by all.

It was the perfect day for morning tea and lunch with the girls.

The weather was mild and the sun was shining.

People everywhere were happy, as were we.

The Brains Trust began the pick up service at 9.10am and I was the first stop. Beauty was next and as we pulled into her driveway, her hubby wandered over and asked us where we were off to? 

“Um … morning tea and lunch for Aggie’s birthday! Has Beauty forgotten?”

He walked inside the house and out came Beauty still in her morning walking clothes!

Oh dear.

A few good snorts of laughter from The Brains Trust, an agreement to go pick up Aggie and return for Beauty and fifteen minutes later we were on our way into The Bay.

We started behind Dayman’s General Store at “The Little General” where the girls had coffee and I had a cold pressed juice. 

It was very busy in the outdoor area but the four of us probably made more noise than anybody with our loud laughter - mostly teasing each other about all sorts of stuff.

We arrived at our lunch time destination thirty minutes early - even though we were stopped by a very talented artist who was in for a chat to tell us his “I was discovered by a wealthy entrepreneur who purchased six of my paintings for his 280 foot yacht” story.

His artwork is beautiful and the piece I selected was $22,000. Although, given the chance, I’m sure I could create a pretty good copy of it myself!

At our chosen restaurant - Cafe Balaena - three of us ordered the Thai Calamari salad and one ordered the roasted pumpkin and beetroot salad with goat’s cheese.

I had a fresh juice of watermelon, celery and something else - it was ALL delicious and to top it off there was live entertainment. A lovely lady on keyboard who was beautifully singing a Nora Jones song as we arrived.



It was a lovely atmosphere and our food was served promptly which meant we were able to finish up and get some shopping in before returning home. I purchased a cute Summer top.

I didn’t take note of the time but I think I was home by about 3pm.

While Adoring Husband spent time in the garden, I got changed and discovered that Foxtel was showing all of the Twilight movies. I’d already missed the first two and half of the third, but I still got to watch the last half of Eclipse and then the two Breaking Dawn movies.

We had paleo pizzas for dinner and I put a lot less filling than usual - spinach, mushroom, onion, bacon and fresh pineapple. Two slices or one third (the pizza bases are the size of bread and butter plates) is usually more than enough for me, but tonight I ate the whole thing!

It appears that my Monday is not going to be much of a rest day for me. I have a ‘to do’ list that is quite long.

Which means I should get myself to bed.

I thought I would leave you with this Andrea Bocelli video …


What a nice way to end my evening 🥰

Nite all.


No comments: