Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, November 13, 2021

What a Day!

This day has been exhausting!

In between a busy procession of early morning customers, I:
  • made all the preparations for the art class (with a little help from a friend)
  • washed the dishes and cleared the kitchen
  • served three interstate customers who selected a stack of snap buttons and jewellery from the FB page and either messaged or phoned me to make the purchases
  • gift wrapped a purchase for a customer
  • stapled biz cards to big stacks of carry bags
  • prepared nibbles for the class
Ran the class where we painted lazy Susans …












Cleaned up the mess (with a little help of course)

Came home and cooked chicken, mushroom and vegetable soup for dinner.

Watched “Promising Young Woman” (loved it!), “Pretty Woman” and “Sweet Home Alabama”.

It’s almost 11.30pm and I’m too exhausted to get up off the chair to go to bed!

AND I have to be up early in the morning for a day out with the girls.

I had a fantastic day of sales and I had a lot of fun with my art girls and now I’m going to sleep like a baby.

Tomorrow is going to be FUN!

Nite all.

No comments: