Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Rabbit Hole

Just when you think you’ve got a handle on this whole vax debacle, a great big package of new information lands firmly in your lap and it takes you on a new tour through an even scarier haunted house!

I watched three videos today … well, technically two and a third because one of them vanished from my screen never to be found again. I didn’t even get the name of the Dr being interviewed so that I could search for it.

The lesson I learned here is to write down the platform from which you are watching, the title of the video and the name of the person being interviewed BEFORE you start to watch it.

I scribbled so many notes and have pages of new information to share. Mind blown 🤯 

NOT sharing any of it today, but I did find this old 60 Minutes story from the US which is VERY interesting and you can easily compare it to the strategies they are using now.

60 Minutes: Swine Flu (1976)


As for the remainder of my day, Adoring Husband lured me to the lounge room at 2pm to watch our afternoon quiz shows.

I made a zucchini slice, crispy skinned salmon steak and fresh asparagus for dinner followed by fresh berries with zymil cream for dessert.

After AH watched his beloved Dr Who episode, trashy reality TV was on the evening menu.

I have been wearing pyjamas for the entire weekend and have enjoyed doing nothing of value or importance.

Mind you, my ‘to do’ list of household chores is growing by the minute and one day soon I will regret procrastinating for so long.

We’ve had some lovely rain this afternoon and the forecast for the next four days is looking good for some heavy falls.

Meanwhile AH’s back is still bad and our front lawn is growing faster than Jack’s beanstalk! We love the rain but the grass will be outta control before much longer.

It’s now after midnight.



I need to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: