Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Fluff Day

It was well after 8.30am when I woke this morning.

I lay in bed for a long time focusing on my breathing, noticing the weight of my body against the mattress, listening to the neighbourhood sounds of Sunday and feeling the breeze floating through the window.

It was a really calm way to start my day.

I’m not sure what time I got up to make breakfast.

Adoring Husband is still struggling with his back, so I cooked up some healing food for him - bacon, egg, tomato, baby spinach and avocado.

For myself I caramelised peach halves and spread toast with avocado topped with the fattiest part of the bacon. Yum!

We spent the entire day binge watching fluffy Netflix movies.

I reheated last nights leftover chicken casserole for a late lunch and dinner was a nonevent.

It’s been a perfectly divine lazy day together in front of the telly.

This evening I’ve been reading lots of stories from “Frontline Workers Speak Out” group. Mostly nurses, health care workers and aged care workers. There are hundreds of stories and 63,000+ subscribers.

I picked out a couple of stories to share.




Australia wide there is something like 20,000 nurses and health care workers refusing to get the jab. Surely that means something. 3000 nurses protested in Adelaide a few days ago.

6000 nurses in Queensland have been stood down or suspended.

I’ve spoken directly to two nurses, one from Maryborough and one from Bundaberg, both of whom tell me that their hospital emergency departments and ICUs are full of patients with vaccine adverse reactions and their instructions are to tell people that they are ‘busy with covid related issues’.

It’s getting crazy out there but mainstream media are still repeating the same stuff over and over.

Apparently I’m the crazy one.

One more for good measure …


Nite all.

No comments: