Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 13, 2022

99% Normal

That’s how I feel.

The end of day ten and I am 99% back to normal health.

Well enough to go into The Bay with BGWLBH to begin the transfer of her car from NSW rego to QLD rego.

I purchased a State of Origin collared shirt and an oversized t-shirt with a big kombi/peace sign emblazoned on the front and back which I am wearing right now as pyjamas.

I collected my lotto winnings and renewed my tickets.

We did a decent prep shop collecting pastas, tissues, toilet paper, papadums, coconut milk, maple syrup and different flours - chickpea and cassava.

We sat outside at Aquavue and ate our GF lunch which costs an extra $5 each because it’s GF - even though the bread is inedible. $53 for a steak sandwich and a BLT, both GF! Next time I’ll ask for a steak sandwich without the bread.

On the way home we picked up a coffee filter for Adoring Husband’s coffee machine.

It was quite a long, but enjoyable day.

We drank a lot of tea at two different cafes where we could sit outside in the fresh air while we waited for the car.

We were both too tired to do everything that we’d planned but we got the important stuff done.

I sold 44 coat hangers today and the lady came to pick them up this afternoon. Slowly but surely, my sale items are disappearing from marketplace. I have one table, 6 chairs, 2 round mirrors and 3 timber jewellery stands still to go. The table might be gone by the end of the week.

I made lemon, thyme, honey, garlic chicken drumsticks for AH’s dinner which he had with salad and I made up another fruit whip with banana, mango, pineapple, passion fruit, coconut milk, maple syrup and salt.

BGWLBH and I didn’t eat dinner because we were still full from lunch, however, she did have a bowl of fruit whip. I snacked on a couple of drumsticks around 7.30pm.

My Derwent soft colouring pencils arrived in the mail today, as did my Agenda 21 book which I’ve only glanced through briefly.

We played an hour of trivia before BIG BROTHER came on, which was BGWLBH’s cue to leave the room.

Now I’m buggered. It’s time to sleep!





Nite all.

No comments: