Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 16, 2022

99.8% Normal

I hope that tomorrow I can say 100% back to normal health.

Who would even know it’s Winter?

I slept all night with the fan on in my room and the temperature was very mild at the park when we met the girls for our weekly catch up.

Klocka came laden with a freshly made sticky date pudding with caramel sauce. The aroma was almost as delicious as the taste of that warm, moist, melt in your mouth pudding. We were grateful to be her Guinea pig taste testers.

She will have a winner when she serves it up to her six house guests next week.

To - die - for.

She also brought along a piece of textured art that she’d created during the week.

Another winner. It was impressive and BGWLBH and I feel inspired. I think we’ll be working in that art space by the weekend.

It was a great morning that lasted 2.5 hours. Stories were told with great hilarity and in response, we laughed uncontrollably and sometimes experienced pleasurable pain. There is a fine line between pleasure and pain!

Great fun.

After we said our goodbyes, BGWLBH and I picked up a couple of parcels from the PO and made our way home to prepare lunch.

I made lettuce wraps with the choice of curried egg or tuna/avocado, served with zucchini muffins and cherry tomatoes.

I spent some time organising the art room while I waited for a lady to come purchase some stands that I’d advertised in marketplace.

It was time to put my feet up for a couple of hours before making duck breast with a spicy orange sauce, served with sweet potato mash, broccoli and carrot. 

It was delicious.

I made another fruit whip for dessert.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day.

Now it’s time for sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: