Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 18, 2022

100% Healthy

At 7.30am, I was awake but it was so warm and cozy in bed, I struggled to get up. It was 10am by the time I found the courage to face the cool air in my bedroom.

I made some tea and toast and joined BGWLBH under the Bali hut to soak up some morning sunshine.

We did a tour of the garden and named some of the plants. Myron and Byron are our thriving cucumber plants.

BGWLBH moved to the kitchen to prepare a couple of grazing platters for lunch. She was really only feeding herself and Adoring Husband because I’d had a late breakfast.

I sat with them briefly and decided to get started in the art space.

Four hours later, and with a little help from my friends, the art space is now ready to play! I’ll take a photo tomorrow to share here. I was too exhausted to even think of doing that this afternoon!

AH took all of the spare chairs to the storage space where BGWLBH has her belongings stored.

For dinner, which we ate before 5pm, I made tortillas with ginger, chilli, lemon and mint turkey mince with vermicelli noodles mixed through. We layered shredded lettuce, coleslaw and the mince mixture in the tortilla and it was DELICIOUS!

I ate three!

I made a fruit whip but it was too runny to eat so we put it in the freezer to ice up and then I promptly fell asleep on the couch while watching the football.

It was only the chill in the air that woke me so I changed into my pyjamas and climbed under the covers where I am all toasty and warm in my bed again.

It has been a busy and productive day and while I’m excited to play in my room, tomorrow will be a trip into Bunnings to purchase some raised garden beds and then I guess we’ll be filling them and planting our seedlings.

Maybe I can leave that to my team while I play in my room! 😬 👩‍🎨 🖼 

Time to sleep now.




Eva Vlaardingerbroek discusses the rise in sudden adult death syndrome


Nite all.

No comments: