Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Bloody Bunnings

In a matter of 2 days, all the vegetable seedlings disappeared from the shelves in Bunnings.

BGWLBH and Adoring Husband were there on Friday and apparently the shelves were completely full of vegetable seedlings. Today, Sunday, they were all empty except for one shelf of chilli plants.

They had no passionfruit vines either, but I did manage to find a papaya tree and some camomile.

While BGWLBH and I purchased those, AH picked up three raised garden beds and some bags of potting mix.

On the way home, we stopped at the plant nursery and found a passionfruit vine, a blueberry bush, an asparagus fern, mother-in-laws tongue and another little fern. The last three are supposed to protect humans from EMFs emitted from various devices and wifi routers.

We also stopped at the pineapple van and bought 6 more pineapples to chop up and freeze for our fruit whips.

It was about 1.30pm when we got home and I planted my coriander seeds, did two loads of washing and hung them out while AH screwed and bolted the garden beds together.

I fed not so psychotic dog Colli and sat down to watch the football.

Dinner was barramundi steaks, air fried purple and yellow sweet potato chips, char grilled zucchini, roasted grape tomatoes and steamed beans and carrots. So much food! 

AH and I are currently watching the movie ‘Twilight’ (I’ve watched this more than 50 times) but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

I’m feeling very tired and it’s only 8pm. Time to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: