Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Success!

BGWLBH and I finally got to see Tin and Timber Home in Torbanlea.

What a gem!

The lady who owns it is from Texas and she has created a beautiful space full of mostly pre-loved treasures which she ships in by the crate from USA.

There is so much to see and was similar to my shop in that you could walk around three times and still find something that you missed the first two times.

She was very welcoming and friendly and obviously loves a chat.

We both made purchases as a show of support and her prices are very reasonable. I bought this turquoise double bed sized duvet to cover Adoring Husband’s new chair. It’s cotton, the perfect size and cost just $32. I also found a colourful rattan basket with a lid which I’ll use to store some of my many paint pens and markers.


We wanted to try the cafe/bakery but sadly, it has closed down. Instead we drove to Howard and found the “My Magickal Mess” shop which is full of crystals, rocks, gems, essential oils, incense, hand made jewellery, smudge sticks, chalices, reading cards, witches hats, candles and all kinds of goodies.

I had a lovely time in there and found a great smudge stick, a chakra wand with matching hand made runes, a clear quartz and silver ring and a little jar of comfrey.


We decided to check out the hardware store in behind supermarket and what a find that was!

I found a lovely planter pot for one of my new ferns and a packet of bamboo stakes for the garden, then on the way out picked up a big punnet of strawberries fresh from the farm. Delicious!

We decided to drive the long way home going through Torbanlea past the race track. It ended up being a scenic route looking at properties and we drove all the way to Nikenbah, then back to Arkarrah Tea Gardens for lunch.

Unfortunately their GF options were all fried in the same oil as non gluten free, so we made the decision to try Goodies at Toogoom instead. That was another miss because all but one of their GF options were seafood, of which BGWLBH is allergic, so our final call was Salty Squid where we enjoyed the biggest bowl of  Cajun chicken with lightly roasted vegetables, guacamole and rice.


It was so nice I bought some dessert to bring home and left a tip.

It was almost 3pm when we arrived home, which was just in time for the gentleman to come pick up a table which he purchased from me in the local marketplace Facebook page.

I walked around my garden to say hello to all of our new thriving fruit and vegetable plants and after I potted the fern, it was time to lay down for a rest.

It’s been a big day and we girls were still full from lunch so I reheated a frozen beef casserole for AH’s dinner and we played a bit of TV trivia before BGWLBH went off to bed. AH and I watched “The Breakfast Club” and it was bed time for us.

The weather has been glorious all day and we girls had a great day out.



Nite all.

No comments: