Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 20, 2022

Monday is Stoopid

BGWLBH and I started the day with a plan.

There are two shops in Torbanlea that we wanted to visit, followed by lotto tickets in Howard and a drive to the cemetery for photography and rock collecting opportunities.

A few years ago, we drove that way and found fairy wrens which I photographed and BGWLBH received a rock tumbler for her birthday so we’re looking for natural areas close by where we can collect rocks for tumbling.

The day was almost a complete fail.

The two shops in Torbanlea are not open on Mondays.

There were no fairy wrens or rocky sites for rock collecting.

Our only success was buying lotto tickets.

The other failures were Google Maps AND the car GPS both giving us the wrong directions to the cemetery.

The car GPS took us round and round in circles … go left, go left, go left, go left … ugh!

Google maps took us left (instead of straight ahead) and told us to stop in the middle of nowhere to walk through the bush for 400 metres to the cemetery.

Much cursing happened in the car!

We stopped at our local butcher to buy a whole chook for dinner and then I picked up a parcel at the post office.

It was time for lunch so I cooked some Turkish bread to have with our leftover turkey mince while BGWLBH did a fruit platter for us to share.

After lunch, BGWLBH made us a pot of tea and we sat in the art space. I shuffled my way backwards and forwards between my old art room and new one, transferring lots of art paraphernalia to its rightful position while she sorted through our plant seeds tagging them in ziplock bags and putting them in their new timber box home.

We were very productive.

I sat down in the lounge room for an hour before putting the chook in the oven with purple and yellow sweet potato and whole onions. I steamed broccolini, carrots and beans and did a home made gravy. It was a very filling and satisfying dinner.

Afterwards we played YouTube trivia for an hour.

Big Brother has my attention and even though it’s only 8.30pm, I’m feeling very weary.





Nite all.

No comments: